Don’t let the ghosts and goblins scare you away from having a “spooktacular” time this Halloween. Here are ten family fun events in DFW that will get you and your family into the Halloween spirit!
WHAT: Get your costumes ready for some spooky family fun and have a haunting good time at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center’s Brick or Treat— the Halloween party built for kids!
WHEN: October 20, 21, 27 and 28; Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Last admission two hours prior to closing; Trick-or-treat all day on Halloween inside the attraction. (October 31 only, while supplies last.)
WHERE: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth, 3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway, Grapevine, Texas 76051
COST: $21.95 for guests 3 years of age and older, and FREE for kids 2 and under.
- Brick-tastic Pumpkin Patch: The perfect photo opportunity awaits in a pumpkin patch made entirely out of LEGO® bricks featuring a GIANT pumpkin.
- Build your own pumpkin with the LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Master Model Builder to add to the patch and receive a special Halloween-themed LEGO® brick. (11 a.m. to 4 p.m. only)
- MINILAND Monster Invasion: Frankenstein, Godzilla, and other monsters have descended on MINILAND transforming it into a haunted adventure and spooky SCARE-venger hunt. Dare to enter and find them all!
- Children’s Costume Contest: Show off your BOO-tiful costume when you visit and enter for a chance to win a family four-pack of annual passes to LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth. To enter, post a photo of you wearing your costume in the attraction on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with #ldcmonstermash. Entries will then be posted to the LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth Facebook page and the photo with the most likes wins. Winner will be notified via social media after October 31.
WHAT: Bring the whole family to the Dallas Zoo after hours for some Halloween fun! Dress the kids in their costumes and come enjoy trick-or-treating throughout the zoo. Other activities include:
- Bounce houses, an interactive bubble experience, and a Super Hero show on Cat Green
- A spider-themed hay maze at Picnic Ridge
- Activities, games, and animal encounters at the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo
- Creepy-crawly critters like serpents, newts, and toads in the Herpetarium
- The National Geographic Photo Ark Tunnel, with 25 larger-than-life images by National Geographic fellow Joel Sartore
- Nightly “Wonders of the Wild” shows in the amphitheater, presented by Kimberly-Clark
- A Haunted Carousel ($2 per ride)
- Mini-train rides around Picnic Ridge ($2 per ride)
WHEN: 5:00 – 8:00 pm, October 25th – 31st
WHERE: Dallas Zoo, 650 S R L Thornton Fwy, Dallas, TX, 75203
COST: $10 ages 3 and up, 2 and under FREE
WHAT: Get ZOMBIFIED, create monster-ific crafts, slime-themed shows, hands-on attractions, and so much more.
WHEN: Through October 31st
WHERE: Crayola Experience, Plano, 6121 W. Park Blvd, Plano, TX
COST: Purchase your tickets online and SAVE $2 OFF! Annual pass holders receive FREE access!
WHAT: Enjoy a day of children’s activities, stage entertainment, concessions, and canned food drive sponsored by Metrocrest Services. Special trick or treat bags will be given to children who bring two or more cans. Other activities include:
- Haunted Hedge (opens at sunset, recommended for 9 and up, loud noises, strobe lights, and graphic imagery)
- Boo-ville (activities for ages 5 and under)
- Midway carnival games (cash only)
- Family costume contest
- Bounce houses
- Stage entertainment and contests
- Petting zoo
- Concessions and novelty food vendors
- Free parking
WHEN: 5:00-10:00 pm, Saturday, October 27th
WHERE: Farmers Branch Historical Park, 2540 Farmers Branch Lane, Farmers Branch, TX 75234
COST: Pre-purchase your Haunted Hedge wristband at the Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center starting October 22nd (non-refundable)
5. Halloween Safe-tacular for Kids & Pets hosted by Trinity Watershed Management-City of Dallas.
WHAT: Dallas Police Department, Fire Rescue, and Army meet and greets, arts & crafts, games, bounce houses, live music, and candy.
Enter your pet in the costume contest and have a chance to win a “Bull luv able” Paws basket full of goodies! The winner will be the cover model for the 2019 Calendar! Contest starts at 5:00 pm.
WHEN: 4:00-9:00 pm, Sunday, October 28th
WHERE: Ronald Kirk Bridge and Felix H. Lozada, Sr. Gateway, 3011 Gulden St., Dallas, TX 75207
6. Trunk or Treat Halloween Family Festival hosted by the Dallas Woman’s Forum
WHAT: The Dallas Woman’s Forum members will bring their cars (or trucks) to the Alexander Mansion parking lot, open their trunks loaded with Halloween treats and the neighborhood kids will go trunk to trunk collecting treats. Dress up, decorate your car, and let the Halloween festivities begin. *NOTE: No scary or inappropriate costumes, please.
WHEN: 6:00-7:30 pm, Tuesday, October 30th
WHERE: Alexander Mansion, 4607 Ross Ave, Dallas, Texas
COST: $5 cash per person
WHAT: Enjoy five days of Halloween activities with your family at the Dallas Arboretum. The fun includes:
- Sticker Treating: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, October 27-31. Wear costumes and discover the spooky-side of nature and collect Children’s Adventure Garden stickers.
- Creativity Corner: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Create a Halloween-themed craft.
- Nature’s Superheroes Games: 12:00 – 12:30 pm
- Haunted Halloween Chemistry Demonstration: 12:00 – 2:30 pm
- Spooky Maze Scavenger Hunt: 4:00 – 4:30 pm. Enter the maze if you dare; around each corner might be a scare.
- Family Fun Weekend: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, October 27-28. Don’t miss the annual Halloween blow-out weekend with trick-or-treating throughout the garden, live music, face painting, a petting zoo and live appearances from Adventures in Neverland characters.
- Trick-or-Treating in the Children’s Adventure Garden: 6:00 – 9:00 pm, October 27 & 28
- Animal Adventures: 11:15 am, Sunday, October 28
WHEN: October 27-31
WHERE: Dallas Arboretum, 8525 Garland Road, Dallas, TX, 75218
COST: $10 per person, $8 for members
WHAT: A free, family-friendly event held outside on E. Hickory and Industrial St. Gather up the family and celebrate the fall season and pay homage to the goodness of the harvest, Dia de los Muertos. Take the kids trunk-or-treating, peruse the pumpkin patch, enjoy games and activities for all ages. Enjoy the street performers and pick up a souvenir at the vendor booths. The festival will feature local art, crafts, and food. Don’t miss the famous coffin races and their lantern-lit twilight parade.
WHEN: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, October 27th
WHERE: Industrial & East Hickory Streets in downtown Denton, TX.
WHAT: Enjoy this month-long indoor celebration dedicated to providing spooktacular fun for the whole family. Parents and children can partake in the following activities at the Great Wolf Lodge:
- Trick-Or-Treat Trail
- Monster Bash Dance Party
- Spooktacular Story Time
- Indoor Water Park (84 degrees!)
WHEN: The month of October
WHERE: 100 Great Wolf Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051
WHEN: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
WHAT: Bring the kids out to the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards for candy galore at Treat Street! Enjoy costume contests, complimentary hayrides, Halloween games, and trick or treating. Also, check out the Cowtown Cattlepen Maze for half-priced admission for kids under 12 in costume.
WHERE: 100 Great Wolf Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051
WHEN: 5:00 – 7:00 pm, October 31st
COST: FREE (Except for the Cowtown Cattlepen Maze)
Hey y’all, this isn’t a Halloween event but I wanted to share with you that Pete the Cat has a new video series and two Halloween-themed specials!
The beloved characters from the best-selling children’s books are now available on Amazon Prime Video!
The series stars Jacob Tremblay (Room) as Pete the Cat, and musicians Diana Krall and Elvis Costello as his Mom and Dad. Pete the Cat features original music from Grammy Award-winners Costello and Krall, which will also be available to stream via Amazon Music. Jessica Biel (The Illusionist), Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) and internationally acclaimed musician KT Tunstall also star in the series.
Pete the Cat has positive messages of being true to oneself, curiosity, and creativity…all great for encouraging and empowering kids’ self-discovery.
And, a special treat, not a trick!, coming your way...two Halloween-themed specials: “Pumpkin Pageant Pandemonium” and “Trick-Or-Treating Ghost”. You and your little pumpkins won’t want to miss these specials!
Twitter and Instagram: @PeteTheCatTV