No-bake Chocolate Bourbon Balls Recipe
I love baking with booze. Even better, how about a no-bake boozy ball that’s perfect for the holidays? Actually, it’s perfect for whenever really. I created this recipe recently for a cookie exchange and I liked them so much, I made them again for a client party. You can probably whip out about 2 ½ to 3 dozenish of these in an hour, so that’s a bonus too! Enjoy!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 10oz package of Ghirradelli bittersweet chocolate morsels, melted
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of Prichard’s Double Chocolate Bourbon Whisky
- 1 box of Girl Scout Trefoil cookies – you could also use 2 ½ cups of Lorna Doone cookies, finely crushed
- ½ cup of pecans, chopped
- Powdered sugar
Here’s how you make it:
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Remove from heat.
- While the chocolate is melting, blend together your cookies and pecans
- Pour some powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Stir the sugar into the chocolate and blend thoroughly
- Add the bourbon to the chocolate mixture and stir until completely blended
- Add the cookie mixture to the chocolate mixture in thirds. Mix completely in between adds.
- Use your hands to squish the dough together into a ball
- Pinch enough dough off the ball to make a round 1” ball and roll in hands to make smooth
- Roll in powdered sugar. I have found that it’s faster and the balls have more even sugar coverage if you put several into the powdered sugar bowl and shake it until they roll together
TIP: If you find that your dough is getting dry or difficult to stick together, add a tiny bit of bourbon to it. A little goes a long way to add moisture so don’t be too heavy handed! Also, if these are for a party or guests, the mini cupcake or candy liners are a great way to serve them.